Saturday 11 June 2011

the eve...

We are on the eve of our departure...the bags are packed (well mostly) and the house is in various forms of disarray.  The kids stayed up way too late tonight...so hopefully that won't come back to bite us tomorrow during our travels!

We leave at noon tomorrow, Air Canada is on strike which is awesome..

Dave is going to head to the airport in the morning and try to get our bags checked in early so we can stay at home a little longer and then we'll just take the Canada Line to the airport.

I feel like i've left work in a mess, you never seem to get everything you want accomplished...grrrrr!  oh well, I did the best I could and now I have to relay on my amazing co-workers to help hold the fort down while I try to take a much deserved break.  I'm exhausted and have been working myself to the bone...a break to spend time with my family is long overdue.

So...how do you pack for a trip like this with 2 little ones?  Well, very meticulously of course!  I have been a little anal I will admit, I have individually wrapped each of the girls outfits for each day into little ziplock bags...there is nothing worse then rooting through a huge bag for a sock or little girl underwear!  I have snacks coming out my ying yang and we have loads of stickers and colouring stuff for both of them.  We've been ruthless about how much we packed...only one large bag for all of us.

We got this great duffel bag from MEC which is on wheels.  Very excited to try it out!  MEC Fast‑Track 2 Rolling Duffle

We're bringing dvd players and the ipod and the laptop of course.  I wanted to get an ipad but ran out of money and time!

We started our lists for this trip over a month ago, and thankfully we only have a few small items remaining to go into the bags.

So that's that...we've got our passports (picked mine up today...yikes!) and our itineraries...need to take out some Danish money tomorrow and run a few quick errands...then we're off!  Hard to believe...time has flown by so fast.

Will check in once we get into Copenhagen...wish us luck on the long journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment