Thursday 1 August 2019

Day 10 - Dushanbe to Bishkek

Not much exciting happened today. I did survive sleeping on the crappy bed, but didn't have the energy to do any sightseeing. Dave, Erik and Robert went out to explore a little and I tried to put down some of the breakfast they served us...eggs, some kind of rice pudding and instant coffee...yum.

We were flying to Bishkek today in Kyrgyzstan and it would take us hours to get there as we need to fly through Almaty. We were leaving around lunchtime and would spend the rest of the afternoon flying around and making connections.

Erik, Cadence, Avery and I managed to get another cab driver intent on playing his music super loud and driving like a fool. Same music even...hilarious.

We arrived into Bishkek and it felt cooler already...it might be just in my head...but I'll take it!

As we drove in from the airport on the highway a herd of cattle crossed in front of us with two people on horseback who gave us a wave. I could have reached out to touch one of the cows. So fun! I think I'm going to like it here.

The original hotel that we had booked here had been sending us emails to cancel our rooms and so I had booked us elsewhere and it would not disappoint. It was a lovely hotel with soft..oh so soft beds and pillows. Yippee!

We got settled in and then walked to a nearby restaurant for dinner. It was pretty awesome. We ordered these amazing platters of food that actually came with mini fireworks in them. This place was also some kind of Karaoke/DJ bar with live entertainment. It was a riot and they were playing all kinds of music...some we knew and some which were obviously Russian classics.

Erik got dancing with Avery and Fiona but the girls were exhausted so I took them back to the hotel to bed.  I understand that more dancing was done with the whole family after we were gone!


No comments:

Post a Comment