Tuesday 7 July 2015

Learning How to Take out Stitches

So wouldn't you know it! Fiona had a huge fall yesterday and split her lip out. Of course it was traumatic and stressful and we rushed her to Children's Hospital as it clearly needed stitches.  They got her all fixed up with 3 shiny blue stitches and sent us off with instructions on how to care for the wound.  Problem is that we need to have the stitches removed in 5-6 days and we will be in Bucharest, Romania.  The doctor warned me that sometimes taking out the stitches is more stressful that putting them in.  Yikes - that's scary.  She handled the stitches like a brave warrior and didn't even cry - but some strange doctor who may or may not speak very good english might be a stretch even for our brave Fiona.

My brothers lovely girlfriend has offered to come and give me a stitch removal lesson! Lucky me.  I will get to play doctor while we're away.  I honestly think that's best and that Fiona will much prefer having mom do it than a stranger.

What a start to the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment